Friday, September 28, 2007

Do You KNOW The Beauty Of God?

In Psalm 27:4, David said: "One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple."

Are you aware of the Beauty and Goodness of God?

Jesus Christ said that, "...I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father..." (John 10:14-15.)

If we are His sheep, we know His Attractiveness! We would be aware of His Goodness. We will gravitate to Him -- not because we are forced, but we want "to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord"! We will come to Him, for we know that will find rest in Him.

Christ said earlier, "...The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice" (John 10:3-4).

If we are familiar of His Supreme Beauty, we will not ignore or reject Him. God's Son said that we will listen and follow Him.

God's Beauty attracts, not repels. Fortunate indeed are those who were given "the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ"!

Like David, they could also say:"One thing have I asked of the Lord,that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple."

No comments: