Sunday, June 3, 2007

My GREATEST Desire

“Whom have I in heaven but you? And being with you, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever” (Psalm 73:25-26).

When I first encountered that passage, especially the words, “…And being with you, I desire nothing on earth,” I asked the question: What did the writer of the Psalm see or know about God that he was able to say that?

And I told myself, I hope I could also say that to God. I hope I could also see His Great Worth that if I would be with Him, I would no longer desire anything on earth.

Many times I returned to that passage. When I would be tempted to desire so much for something, those words would also help me to re-direct my heart to God. Nothing in this world could even come near the Excellence of God.

Now, as God continuous to unveil His Goodness and Greatness, I am also learning to desire Him more and more. Yes, even more than anything desirable or pleasurable on this earth.

(For more on this topic, you may read my message at http://www.sermoncentral.com/sermon.asp?SermonID=88467.)

No comments: