Saturday, June 9, 2007

Even NOW We Can Enjoy God's Presence!

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" (1 Cor. 3:16).

Before, that verse didn't mean so much to me. I had the erroneous belief that the Holy Spirit was not Divine Being, but only a force, or influence of God.

When the leadership in our denomination changed the teachings and adopted the traditional Christian view of the Holy Spirit, and God also started to open my mind to His Truth, I began to see the wonder of I Corinthians 3:16 and also of similar verses, like:

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?" (I Cor. 6:19).

"...For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people'" (2 Cor. 6:16).

True believers are now enjoying the foretaste of Revelation 21:3!

Through the Holy Spirit, who is very God, dwelling in us, God Himself is NOW living in us! What joy! What comfort! What satisfaction we ought to be reflecting to the world, which is troubled with discontentment, sorrow and pain!

No comments: