Saturday, June 7, 2008

WHEN The Air Was "Gone"...

When I was gasping for breath and I could not even think of anything, for oxygen could no longer reach my brain -- God was not even in my consciousness -- it was a very fearful thing! (http://www.christianster.com/ctan/html/showsharing.php?sid=57003&authid=99269&m=6&d=5&y=2008).

If you were helpless and hopeless and you could not even pray... and yet God gave you a joyful deliverance, only then you could have a better grasp of the meaning of the Grace of God.

Air began to fill again my lungs NOT because I was able to pray and ask God to save me. I was able to breathe again NOT because someone brought me to the doctor -- I was alone in the house.

I was able to breathe again NOT because I just exercised the so-called power of the human will to choose to breathe! My brain or mind was UNable to function properly, just as my physical body was wrestling with pain!

But because of God's Grace -- He allowed me to taste the sweetness of air once again and to enjoy the sweetness of His Grace!

Whether we have life in this world, or our life is extended, or even blessed with eternal life -- it's because of His Mercy.

We read in Romans 9:16, "So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy" (NAS).

The New International Version renders it, "It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy."

No comments: