Monday, March 5, 2007

God Saved His People For Eternity, Not Just For A Season

Our own denomination was considered then by others as a "cult."

We believed then that we are saved by "grace" plus our obedience to the ten commandments. We believed also that Jesus paid all our sins in the past and we need to "qualify" ourselves, endure, overcome, etc. etc.

In short, God gave us salvation, but it is in our own human hands to keep it.

By God's mercy, there are now changes in our denomination and we are now accepted in the evangelical community.It is no longer dogmatic in many teachings and allow the members to have their own personal beliefs.

Now, I believe that God did not save me for a season. He did not adopt me as a son temporarily. He give me assurance that I will be in His Kingdom, not in my own imperfect human effort -- but in His Spirit, who will move me to follow Him -- not my own ways, or the ways of Satan.

Now, I believe every word of my Savior, Jesus Christ:

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand" (John 10:28).

When He saved me, He gave me ETERNAL life -- NOT just temporary life -- eternal, no gaps in between, a continuous life that is eternal. He gave me a salvation not just for a season, but for ETERNITY!

For I believe that He will never leave nor forsake me -- His Spirit will always dwell in me to give me His assurance, His endurance, His strength, His guidance, His repentance, His fogiveness, His love, His comfort -- nothing will He withhold from me, for He had even given me His Son.

No comments: